Are you excited by the opportunity to work for a socially conscious research and evaluation consultancy? Do you want to be an important contributor to projects that feed directly into public policy, decision making and action taking? Then join the Winning Moves team and help our clients to bring about positive, transformative societal change. We create better tomorrows through data and insight.
We are Winning Moves, a fast-growing research and evaluation consultancy with evidence at the heart of everything we do. Governments trust our insights to inform their policy and service decisions and improvement. Our thinking challenges the status quo, and through the development and implementation of robust, high-quality research and evaluation, we help our clients to tackle some of society’s toughest challenges. As part of the social enterprise, Growth Company Insight, we offer several opportunities for progression. Winning Moves is based in Birmingham, but our offices extend to London, Manchester and Glasgow.
We need an ambitious and able researcher who is passionate about their work to join our team. You’ll be involved in the full entirety of the project life cycle, from inception to completion, and be exposed to a wide variety of diverse projects in both sector and method.
Some of the things we’d like you to do include:
- Working closely with our talented consultants to develop and deliver robust research and evaluation methodologies. This could involve primary, secondary and mixed methods; making use of qualitative and quantitative data – we are method agnostic and design the best solution that balances client need, best practice and practicality of implementation and resource.
- Devising or further developing research instruments that ensure we generate the insight and understanding our clients need.
- Diving deep into fieldwork, including undertaking primary and secondary research (such as qualitative interviews, focus groups or desk research).
- Conducting analysis to generate the insights we require to answer the research questions, bring it to life and generate a ‘story’ from the evidence. Astute, analytical and articulate, you will draw intelligent conclusions from data.
- Committing to data quality, and high-quality dissemination. Producing high quality outputs (reports, presentations etc) that meet and, ideally, exceed the expectations of clients.
- Cultivating client relationships through your involvement in client meeting and client management.
A bit about yourself: as well being able to do all the things mentioned above, you will have experience delivering research projects in a commercial setting (client or agency side). You have a good understanding of, and exposure to, a broad portfolio of research methods, and might have a mixed (qual/quant) or predominantly quant bent. You will be a curious thinker with an analytical mind, have great attention to detail and uncompromising approach to quality. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and welcome opportunities to challenge and develop yourself. You enjoy being part of a forward-thinking team dedicated to producing the very best outputs for our clients.
What you can expect at Winning Moves: a varied and rewarding role with the opportunity to be an instrumental member of the team delivering high profile, politically strategic and complex research and evaluation projects. You will work collaboratively alongside a great bunch of committed, clever, ambitious people who reflect our values in all that they do: different, better, faster. We also promise you an employer that invests in your career, offering a bespoke ‘Consultant Acceleration Programme’ to support your advancement and skill development.
Get in touch: If this sounds like you then please fill in our online application form via https://forms.office.com/e/7fzu3M5FJp Once you have completed your form, please then email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The final date for submitting an application is 13th August 2023.
We look forward to meeting you.